Deciding to quit from drug addiction is a big step you need to take towards your recovery. However, this decision comes with a myriad of questions and concerns. Where do you start? Who do you approach? Which is the best drug rehab Sydney has to offer? And, which rehabilitation program will suit you best? These questions can be overwhelming, but luckily there is a lot of information you can get from drug rehab Sydney offers or their websites.
A major concern for those struggling with substance abuse is how to find the right program. There are so many programs to choose from. The reason behind the numerous drug rehab programs Sydney offers is the fact that treatment is not the same for everyone. The choice of your program may be affected by:
- Your sex and age
- The drug or drugs you’re abusing
- Your physical and mental health, and your medical history
- Your family and social support
- Your insurance cover
- The treatment cost
Questions to ask about a treatment program
Treatment should be individualized. Preferably, your therapist should develop a personalized treatment plan for you and provide ongoing evaluations. If a program does not measure up to these basics, think twice. While two addicts may have used the same substance, their needs during recovery are unique. In simple terms, the one-size-fits-all programs do not often work with drug and alcohol addicts. With so many Sydney drug rehab programs, how do you choice the best fit for you? The questions listed below will guide you towards making the right choice.
- Is the program properly licensed?
- What accreditation has the program been awarded?
- Does the treatment program involve certified therapists, physicians, and nurses?
- Does the rehabilitation program have an inpatient medical-based detox unit?
- Does the drug and alcohol program provide specialty programs like for older adults, adolescents, and women?
- Are there 24-hour onsite medical staffs in the program?
- Does the program give assistance to additional health issues such as tuberculosis and HIV-AIDS?
- What is the ratio between patients and treatment staff?
- Does the rehabilitation plan provide a family therapy program?
- Does the drug and alcohol treatment program have a variety of therapies (therapeutic modalities)?
- Are there case managers for each addict in the program?
- What insurance or payment methods does the rehabilitation program accept?
- What relapse prevention approaches are employed in the program?
Why you should take a treatment program away from your home, preferably outside your state
Research disapproves self-help treatments or home treatments. Why is this so? Drug addiction is, to a large extent, exacerbated by triggers and associations – the environmental cues that set off the urge to use. It takes skills, knowledge, and awareness to break off the addictive thinking and behavior. Check Noosa Confidential for more details.
Instead of a home-based program, you should choose one of the drug rehab programs Sydney offers away from your neighborhood. By moving to a drug rehab Sydney facility, you’ll not only escape from triggers but also truly focus on the addiction and how to get out of it. For the best outcome, choose a rehab program miles or states away from your home.
For more info, visit http://noosaconfidential.com.au/drug-rehab-brisbane-queensland-sydney-australia/